Sign below to acknowledge that:
- Consulting Assistance Provided at No Charge - These services are paid for by the U.S.
Small Business Administration, the State of Texas, and West Texas A&M University.
- Our recommendations are Unbiased - We are not compensated for any
recommendations we make, and we abide by Standards of Professional Ethics and a Conflict of Interest Policy.
Conflict of Interest Policy
The SBDC policy on Conflict of Interest states that every employee, consultant, instructor, or volunteer must safeguard the program against an actual or apparent conflict that could result from:
- Personal gain, remuneration or pecuniary interest in a past or current SBDC client.
- The solicitation or acceptance or any gift, loan, reward, equity in a business, compensation ore other monetary remuneration, or promise of future employment.
- A compensated recommendation for any goods or services to an SBDC client.
- Soliciting or accepting a compensated position for services which are part of the SBDC network services.
- Disclosing any private or confidential business or personal information to a third party other than SBA without written consent of the client.
- We will:
- Work with you on specific issues.
- Help build your management skills and knowledge.
- Make recommendations
- We will not:
- Negotiate on your behalf.
- Write your business plan.
- Act as an employee of your business.
- You Agree to Accept Responsibility and Waive all Claims - In recognition that you are ultimately responsible for the success or failure of your business, you hereby waive any claims of damages against the West Texas A&M University SBDC, the North West Texas SBDC program, and the United States Small Business Administration, based on any advice or information provided by the SBDC.
- Optional Services: